Saturday, December 19, 2009

A Christmas poem

Hello everyone!

I hope you are having a most joyous Hanukkah or advent season and will have a very special Christmas. Here is a poem I wrote back in 2008. No matter what your current state perhaps you'll look at this poem and know there are those who have it worse. If you have love, you have it all. God loves you.

SANTA LEFT ME LOVE

1) My daddy has gone far away,
and my mommy cries every night.
The bullies pick on me at school
'cause my old clothes just don't look right.
Our house is cold and dark sometimes,
and I'm hungry most ev'ry day.
But I'm happy 'cause it's Christmas.
Maybe Daddy's on Santa's sleigh.

2) The people at church brought a tree,
and a nice man brought us some food.
I decorated with popcorn.
Now my mommy's in a good mood.
Some people were singing carols,
and the snow was falling all night.
So this Christmas isn't so bad.
Baby Jesus made it alright.

R) No toys were left in my stocking.
No candy or fruit from the store.
But Santa left me love last night,
and that's really a whole lot more.

c 2008 Scott Manke aka moscapoet

No comments:

Post a Comment